Sunday 12 January 2014

The animals of Ndutu

I've already blogged lots about my experiences in Ndutu, but it's often very focused around the cheetahs and lions there. This posts highlights a few of the other delightful animals seen around the area.


Jackals are one of the few animals that still look cute with the entrails of a carcass in their mouths. 
This one had just manage to snatch a mouthful under the gaze of several Tawny eagles, 
which explains his smile.

A leopard tortoise which had wandered onto the road didn't look too impressed when I lay down in front of him.

I love watching giraffe eat, because they have such long tongues!

Another Jackal also looking pleased about his scavenged lunch. 

A pair of giraffe walking across the marshes of Ndutu.

On our way from Ndutu to the Ngorongoro crater we saw the beautiful sight of a new born zebra foal,
 trying to walk just minutes after birth.

2 comments:

  1. Oooohh baby you good :D Dayum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really do like me some of that wildlife, ain't none of that going down here where I live in the ghettos. DAYUMMM them pictures of Lions and Tigers and that natural stuff really got me deeply and truthfolly and very really scared cuz I might be reincarnated into one of them someday and I ain't know if I turn into a scruffy goat killed by one of them or a shrub dat might get urinated on by that Lion tho. You know? Keep up the good work my Sharkeisha.

    ReplyDelete